August 14th, 2008 Jamie
Few things compare with the travesty caused by a combination of garlic pizza, a lost toothbrush, and your first all-campus dance. That’s why it can be very helpful to pack a bag-o-necessities just for that first night in the dorms-that night when everything is still in boxes.
It doesn’t have to be anything fancy (a backpack should do just fine) but you’ll be glad you have shampoo and toothpaste when that cute guy or girl you met in the elevator shows up on your floor.
Here are my suggestions for your First Night in the Dorms bag:
- Wallet, some cash & ID
- Change of clothes
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Cell phone & charger
- Toilet paper (just in case!)
- Soap, shampoo, and deodorant (travel size ones are great)
- Towel & washcloth
- Something to read (magazine, book)
- iPod (if you’re a music addict)
- Pen & paper
- First aid kit
- Key ring to corral all your new keys (dorm, mailbox, etc.)
- Laptop & charger (thanks, Christina, for adding this to the list!)
Other things to have handy:
Anything else you wouldn’t want to be without on the first night?
Entry Filed under: what to expect