December 9th, 2010 Jamie
I’ve come across so many great DIY gift ideas for this year that I thought I’d share one more roundup of awesome make-it-yourself goodness before we move on. I hope you’ve found something for everyone on your list. Don’t forget, there are lots of DIY gifting ideas in the archives, too–just scroll down to DIY!
- Rose Petal Tutu - A quick (under an hour) project that will get any little girl twirling, this cute tutu is filled with rose petals and accessorized with a nice big bow.
- Padded Roll Up Cushion - Perfect for a reader or outdoor adventurer, this padded cushion rolls up for easy carrying between rooms (or forts) so it is always on hand.
- Strawberry Pillows - Maybe I should have put these under gifts for ladies, because I totally want a crop of strawberry pillows to call my own!
- Satin Flower Headbands - These adorable headbands are perfect for girls of all ages, and they look like way more work than they are!
- Child’s Tool Belt - Great for playing pretend or helping Dad around the house–just add a couple of plastic tools and you’re good to go.
- Animal Puppets - A quick and easy tutorial for super cute felt animal puppets. If you’re not a whiz with the whole sewing thing, fabric glue should work pretty well on these, too.
- Glove Stuffed Animals - Pick up a $2 set of gloves at Target and you can whip up one of these adorable little animals yourself.
- Felt Fishing Set - Felt fish + magnets + mini magnetized fishing poles = hours of fun.
For Ladies, Sistas, Mamas, & Girlfriends
- Flower Bib Necklace - I love how simple and flirty this fabric-and-chain number is!
- Modge Podge Bangle Bracelets - Make something custom and chic AND play with modge podge? Win-win.
- Easy Breezy Scarf - Four simple steps, and you’ve got this awesome accessory all ready for gifting.
- Custom Heart Plate - This custom plate tutorial has a lovey-dovey twist, but you could make it up any way you want. (For example, how cool would it be to make your own version of this?)
- Uber Cute Menu Binder - An ideal gift for the cook-with-your-wallet type. Why not add some takeout menus to get her started?
- Stenciled Animal Mugs - Super cute (and super quick to make), these animal mugs will brighten up any gal’s morning.
For Guys, Bros, Pops, and Boyfriends
- Mason Jar Herb Garden - Some guys like to cook, some like to eat, but most like their food to have killer good flavor–enter this mason jar herb garden. Fresh herbs taste way better!
- One Hour iPad Sleeve - Someone feeling a little protective of his new iPad? Whip up one of these one-hour sleeves to keep it safe.
- Kindle Urban Camouflage Case - Is it a book? Is it a Kindle? No, its both!
- Han Solo in Carbonite Chocolate Bar - If you thought that Star Wars fans get tired of creative ways to see Han Solo in carbonite… you were wrong. Plus–chocolate. Yum.
- Pinhole Artwork - I love the subtle-but-artsy vibe of this DIY artwork. Pick your giftee’s favorite subject and get to work! (Photo above from Design*Sponge.)
- Pocket Watch Wall Clock - Looking for something fun and quirky? Look no further–this pocket-watch wall clock should do the trick.
- Super Sweet Eye Chart - The perfect way to say I Love You (yeah yeah yeah), in a modern-simple-clever way.
Entry Filed under: academics